For a course or module to complete, all required components must be viewed/consumed. Videos and presentations should be allowed to play from beginning to end without backtracking, skipping ahead, or moving the time-slider. One should interact with all embedded interactive elements like quizzes, links, diagrams, etc. The course content should be active for the minimum required time (if such a time exists). All these requirements are ways in which the course designers ensure you’re taking your time, getting the most out of the course you’re taking.
When you have a module still “In Progress”, try closing the course and re-launching. You may see a message that says “Would you like to resume where you left off?” Click NO and start from the beginning. Allow the course to play entirely, click on any interactive elements, take quizzes/knowledge checks, and allow every second to run out if there’s a tracker.
If it still won't show as completed, try the following:
- Make sure your browser is updated to the most current version.
- Try using a different browser. We recommend a current, modern browser such as Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. Internet Explorer is not a valid browser. If you have been using IE, we recommend downloading one of these browsers for free instead.
- If you're not able to update your browser and you're using IE11 to view your courses, you may need to use the Compatibility mode for your completion to register. Just click "Compatibility View Settings", or the icon that looks like a torn page on the right side of your address bar. When you view your modules they will show as passed. However, this browser is no longer supported by Microsoft, so BlueVolt can only offer very limited support.
- Check to see if your version of Flash is enabled and is up to date. To check your version of Flash, use following link://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html
- Try taking the course with a different computer or on a different network.
- NOTE: Seat time is often not correctly tracked when viewing a course from a mobile device, even when the course says it’s mobile friendly.
- Add "go.bluevolt.com" to your Safe Sites list in your virus protection program. Here's a link to a great informational page on how to do this - http://www.wikihow.com/Add-a-Website-to-Trusted-Sites
- Enable pop-ups. Here's a link to a great informational page on how to allow pop-ups for different browsers - http://www.wikihow.com/Allow-Pop%E2%80%93ups
- (If applicable) Change the bandwidth of the video from Low to High (or from High to Low), and see if that helps.
NOTE: If you are viewing courses on your work machine and you don’t have the control to update/change these settings, work with your IS/IT department.
Please sign in to leave a comment.