Adding group restrictions to categories allows a University Administrator to restrict courses or entire categories of courses so they are only accessible to a certain group(s). Not all content within a university will be relevant information to everyone, making this a great way to filter content.
To add group restrictions to categories, please follow the steps below:
- Admin > My University > Catalog > Categories
- Locate the category to which you want to add group restrictions, then click on Edit.
- Check the box next to Restrict course enrollment to Groups.
- Next, check the box next to the group(s) you wish to have access to the category.
- Once you have selected all the groups you want to have access to the category, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save.
NOTE: Category restrictions and course level restrictions can work in conjunction.
Condition 1: Product 1 course is restricted to Group A only and placed in the Product category.
Condition 2: Product 2, Product 3, and Product 4 courses are placed in the Product category, but not further restricted by group.
Condition 3: The Product category is restricted to Group A and Group B.
Result: Only members of both groups can see the Product category and courses contained within; however, Group B will not be able to see the Product 1 course, since it is available only to Group A.