Course Completion Certificates are a great way for a learner to have a record of their completion of a course. Creating a certificate for a course is easy.
This course contains the following sections:
How to Create Course Completion Certificates
- Go to the Admin Dashboard > Settings > Completion Certificates to create a course completion certificate.
- Select Course in the dropdown for I want to see (or Select University to create a default certificate that will be available for all courses - once you add this it will be the default certificate for the university, and will be available for all courses).
- Select the Category and Course.
- Choose one of three options: Use the default Course Completion Certificate, Download the default Course Completion Certificate and edit it as described in Option 3, or Upload your own Course Completion Certificate.
Sample Default Certificate:
How to Make Course Completion Certificates Available
- Go to the Admin Dashboard > Catalog > Courses.
- Find a course and select it.
- Go to Settings > Other Settings.
- Scroll down to Certificate.
- Check Show Certificate link to student.
- If you’re using a university-wide certificate, there’s nothing else to do. If you’re using a Course specific certificate, click the link Add a course-specific completion certificate.
- A window will pop up with all of the options for creating a course completion certificate.
- Select Use the Default to upload the customized certificate you created.
- You can preview the certificate. If it looks good, click Looks good, save. If you need to make additional changes, click I don’t like it, Cancel to return to the previous window.
- Once you’ve accepted the certificate, you will see a message letting you know the certificate was saved and returning you to the previous window. Close the window.
- Click Save & Exit.
The course certificate will now appear for all learners who complete the course successfully, including those who completed the course prior to the certificate being available.