University Administrators and Group Administrators (most functions) have the ability to enroll and un-enroll learners from courses in the university. You can easily enroll learners into, and un-enroll learners from, courses in the Admin. This article contains the following sections:
How to Manage Enrollments
Follow this path in the Admin to the course enrollment section: My University > Learner Activity > Manage Enrollments.
You have two choices when enrolling learners:
- By User (enrolling a single learner into one or more courses)
- By Course (enrolling multiple learners into a single course)
TIP: You can use Historical Records to mass-enroll students in courses uploaded via Historical Upload.
- Select the icon By User.
- Select the group to which the learner belongs. If you aren't certain, select the highest level (university) group. You may start typing part of the Group name in the box for quickest results.
NOTE: You will only see the groups to which you have administrative access.
- In the User dropdown list, scroll down until you find the user you wish to enroll into the course(s). You may start typing part of the name into the box for quickest results. You may only select one learner at a time.
- Once you have selected a learner, a list of courses available to the learner will appear in a tree formation. Just expand these to see the courses in each category. You may use the Expand All link to quickly expand all categories.
- A check mark in the box next to the course indicates current enrollment. Such courses will show the Enrollment Date and Current Status (“On Schedule”, Completed”, etc.). To Un-enroll the learner, simply un-check the box.
- To Enroll the learner in a course, click the box next to the course name. You have the option to select how many days the learner has to finish the course. The clock starts as soon as enrolled.
- Once you have selected/deselected all courses for the learner, select the Save button at the bottom.
- Quickly find a course to enroll or unenroll a learner by typing a keyword into the Filter to Course.
- If you have many learners in your university, it might take some time for those to load. If you are planning to enroll a single user in just a few courses, it might be more efficient to enroll By Course instead of By User.
- Hide full courses. You can click the box next to Hide Full Courses so you don’t try to enroll a learner into a course not accepting enrollments.
- Upon saving, Send Email to User. This will send the learner an email informing her of each enrollment.
NOTE: You may encounter courses which are grayed-out (don’t allow selection). These represent paid courses. Only University Administrators may enroll learners through the Admin interface into courses requiring payment.
- Select the icon By Course.
- Click the radio button next to Enroll Users or Un-enroll Users, as appropriate.
- Select the Category of the course for which you are enrolling. If you aren’t certain of the category you can choose Select All.
- Select the Course for which you are enrolling learners. Enrollment information is provided for each course.
- Select the Group to which the learner(s) belongs. If you aren’t certain, select the highest level (university) group.
NOTE: You will only see the groups to which you have administrative access.OPTION: Download Course Enrollment for Group. You can get the full list of learners enrolled in that course by group.
- In the User Name Search box enter the name of the learner you wish to enroll. If you want to enroll multiple learners, leave the box blank and select Find Users to Enroll.
- Check the box next to the name of each learner you want to enroll. NOTE: If a learner is already enrolled in the course, their name will not appear in the list. If you don’t see the name of the person you wish to enroll, the person may already be enrolled or may be a member of a different group. Please rule out these possibilities before reporting an error to BlueVolt.
- Select Enroll Selected Users.
- Before you select Enroll Selected Users, there are a few additional options to consider.
- Manually Pass Users. This will manually pass the learners in the course you have selected. NOTE: This option is only available to University Administrators. Please be extremely careful when considering a manual pass. Manual Passes CANNOT be undone.
- Send Email to User. This will send each learner a brief email informing them of enrollment.
- Set Expected Duration (Days). You can select how many days the learner has to complete the course. (The clock begins when enrollment is complete.)
- Select the Category of the course from which you are un-enrolling the user. If you aren’t certain of the category you can choose Select All.
- Select the Course from which you are un-enrolling learners.
- Select the group to which the learner(s) belongs. If you are uncertain, select the highest level (university) group. NOTE: You will only see the groups to which you have administrative access.
- In the User Name Search box enter the name of the learner you want to un-enroll. If you want to un-enroll multiple learners, leave the box blank and click Find Users to Enroll.
- Click the box next to the name of each learner you wish to un-enroll or check the box next to Select All. The Status, Enrollment Date and Email Address are given for each learner to help you select the correct person.
NOTE: If a learner is not yet enrolled in the course, their name will not appear in this section. If you don’t see the name of the person you wish to un-enroll, the person may not be enrolled or may be a member of a different group. Please rule out these possibilities before reporting an error to BlueVolt.
- Click the Un-Enroll Selected Users button to complete the un-enrollment.
NOTE: Currently there’s no option to notify learners when they have been un-enrolled.
Please sign in to leave a comment.