The Schedule Course type enables you to create one or more scheduled dates and times for a course that your learners can select to enroll themselves in, such as an instructor led course or a webinar.
There are two steps to creating a Scheduled Course:
- Create the course itself as a Scheduled Course type
- Add Schedule(s) to the course
Create a Scheduled Course Type
- Go to Admin > My University > Catalog > Courses > Add Course or Edit Course
- Enter Course Name or Select an existing course
- Under 1. Course in the Type drop-down list, select Scheduled Course.
- Click on the Next button
Add Schedule(s) for a Course:
- Click on Schedule from the course editor (this option only displays if the course is a Scheduled Course type)
- Click on the Add new Course Schedule link to set up the schedule
- Enter schedule information (Fields marked with * are required) and enable notification settings, if desired.
Send Notification of Changes/Deletion to Enrolled and Waitlisted Users:
Checking this box will notify enrolled learners, waitlisted learners, and course instructors via email of any schedule changes or if the course is deleted.
Send Enrollment Notification to Instructors:
Checking this box will send all enrollment notifications to course instructors listed on the course. Note: These notifications will not be sent if no instructor is listed.
- Note: New Event Types can be added via the "Edit Event Types" link in the Training Calendar at My University > Catalog > Training Calendar.
- Add Early Bird or Registration deadlines, if desired. Note: deadline times follow the selected time zone.
- When complete, click Next
- Click Add new Course Schedule link to add additional scheduled times, if needed.
- If nothing more is needed, click Save & Exit. Otherwise, click Next for 6.Next Steps.
- Enroll students, email students about the course, and perform other additional actions as needed.
- Click Finished