BlueVolt’ s 2020 Winter Release is packed with updates to Embedded Analytics, the Sharing Center, and KnowledgeBumps. Here is a quick synopsis of what’s in this release. Links to various Knowledgebase articles are provided to learn more about the updates to each of these features.
Embedded Analytics: Learn more here
BlueVolt comes with a robust analytics suite. The core offering provides dashboards that give you board-ready insights into the aggregated performance of your training program.
Upgrading to the Executive level offers advanced data modeling capabilities, along with the ability to author and save your own custom dashboards.
Sharing Center: Learn more here
- Sell Courses via the BlueVolt Sharing center: You can earn revenue on the courses you want to sell via the BlueVolt Sharing Center. Admins of other universities can then purchase enrollments and set the course up in their university.
- Sharing Center Notification Filters: The ability to filter notifications on the Sharing Center has been added so that admins may more quickly find the necessary notifications to act upon. You may now filter via Notification Types or choose to show only notifications with a status of Pending/Needs Approval.
- Sharing Center Course Catalog Company Name: Your BlueVolt customer success manager may add a company name to the setup for your university. When this information has been added it will display on the Sharing Center Course Catalog filter panel under the publisher section. The display shows: Company Name – University Name – University ID. (See example of BlueVolt – BluePort – 3246 in the screenshot provided.)
- Admins can see BlueVolt Link™ partners: Admins of universities with the option of “Allow Sharing to Link Customers” (must be enabled by your BlueVolt customer success manager) will now see BlueVolt Link™ next to the names of partners with an external LMS that you may want to share your courses with. You will also see these partners with this designation while in the Sharing wizard and also on the Courses I’m Sharing – Group by Subscriber page.
KnowledgeBumps™: Learn more here
- Choose Hours for a KnowledgeBump™: In addition to days, months, weeks – admins will now be able to select Hours for the delivery of a KnowledgeBump™.
- KnowledgeBump™ Notifications: When a KnowledgeBump is delivered to learner (via text or email or both), a learner side notification with link to the KnowledgeBump is also sent.
- KnowledgeBump™ Learner Privacy Settings: Admin Can Change Communication Preferences for KnowledgeBumps. This enables the learner to choose if they want to receive texts for KnowledgeBump™ delivery.
Flash Course Inactivation
To support the upcoming Flash retirement at the end of December 2020, all courses in the platform with Flash modules are marked as inactive. These courses are still accessible to admins in your uni. They may update the course and reactivate as needed. Please contact your BlueVolt customer success manager if you have any questions.
- Updated missing translations for the request permission page for blocked domains.
- Resolved issue with Flash Audit Report timing out.
- Fixed issue with old badge images still displaying.
- Resolved issue where some courses didn’t play via Chrome browser.
- Resolved issue on the Sharing Center where "Next Page" button did not changed between disabled and enabled states when the number of pages changes in the Sharing Center.
3 September 2020
- Fixed Shopping Cart so that it checks if promo code applied previously and is still waiting has now expired.
- Changed limit for Group Types to maximum of 30 in a university to prevent issues with the Course Enrollment Totals report.
- Resolved issue where bad data from Custom Enrollment Field was causing the Course Enrollment Totals report to fail.
- Resolved issue where video module didn’t launch for learners logged in as “Guest”.
- Resolved issue where Bulk Upload would fail with unexpected characters represented in Custom Fields.
- Resolved issue with translated Primary Group name display.
- Resolved issue Category display didn’t respect display order setting.
- Resolved issue where learner was unable to access certificate link for re-enrollment course.
- Resolved issue where video didn’t auto-play with launch as expected.
- Resolved issue learner was unable to opt-out of re-enrollment course as expected.
- Resolved issue with incorrect data showing for University Google Search
- Resolved issue in Sharing Center - Course Catalog where filtering with course details open cleared the course catalog
- Resolved issue where switching universities from Sharing Center or Dashboard failed to switch as expected.
Other Development Work
- Logi Installation and API framework.
BlueVolt Sharing Center: The BlueVolt Sharing Center allows you to harness the power of content sharing with new tools and workflows built right into our powerful learning platform. Within minutes, you can share your courses directly with your partners or to our vast network of distributors and associations in the skilled trades.
Click here to learn more about the BlueVolt Sharing Center.
KnowledgeBumps™ : You can create a course that, once the learner has completed the core material, additional information may be delivered to learners at the cadence of your choice, via a link in an email or a text message, or both. You can choose from a variety of KnowledgeBump™ experiences.
Click here to learn more about KnowledgeBumps™.
File Upload Module type: Administrators can now select specific administrators that should be notified when a learner uploads a file for File Upload module types. Helper text is provide in red to caution the admin to select specific administrators that will have access to the course since course restrictions are set on a different tab of the course editor and can be changed at any time independent of the specific administrators settings.
Vietnamese – New Platform Language: Added Vietnamese as a new platform language
- Resolved issue where the category sidebar panel did not display categories appropriately because it wasn’t respect the category “depth” set on the category editor page.
- Resolved issue where some courses erroneously displayed the “Contains Flash” message on the course editor.
- Resolved issue with assessment engine displaying scroll bars at the bottom of the editor when accessing the engine from the Question bank editor.
- Resolved issue where learners received an error message when attempting to retake a quiz with an essay that had originally been marked as failed.
- Resolved issue where events displayed in list view but not in the calendar view.
- Resolved issue with Closed Captioning not working for courses built in Rise.
- Added Switch uni check to assist with occasional oops error reported by BTAdmin
- Resolved issue where training track report didn’t include some completions.
- Fixed some grammatical errors on the password reset email.
- Fixed SSO links in Assessment email.
- Resolved issue with how OpenSesame’s course length is converted on the course detail page.
- Fixed issue where very long links displayed incorrectly on the training calendar.
- Resolved issue where Bulk Upload page didn’t respect the checkbox for address checkbox “Check this to update the Address for the Existing Users”.
- Resolved issue where Bulk Upload page didn’t respect the checkbox for “Check this to add user to new group(s) without removing them from groups they may currently be a member of”.
- Fixed typo in default Multiple Course Enrollment Email.
Other development work:
- Remove usage of AWS Root key by the platform and replace with an alternate API key with lower access rights.
- PCI Compliance - Cross-site Scripting Vulnerability - JQuery Upgrade
- Resolved issue where some Purchase Order emails were not sent as expected.
- Delete empty groups function repaired to run hourly.
- Removed non-active admins from email for inactivating shared courses.
- Resolved issue so that admins can delete a training track type.
- Resolved issue where admin category sort order lists alphabetically as expected regardless of upper or lower case.
- Resolved issue so that university admin can CC a group admin on a scheduled Course Enrollment Totals report.
- Fixed missing BlueVolt Logo when viewing admin side Dashboard.
Other Development Work
- Sharing Center
- Changed Zendcoder to transcode to only MP4 instead of other additional unused file types